Thursday, April 14, 2011

Nicely Nautical

On Tuesday I saw the first sail boats back on Lake Calhoune.  They were there again yesterday too!  It's a lovely sign that the lake is thawed and no matter what the weather man says spring is here to stay.   I absolutely love watching the sailboats all summer on our little city lake.   It makes me feel like I'm living on the coast!  A few people close to me could tell you that I hate only seeing the ocean every few years (I'm over-due!  It's been like 5 years now!) and that's why I've got a soft spot for beachy and nautical decor.  I'm not talking cheesy, light house motif or sea shell themes.  I think when it's done right, you walk in a room and think, "oh, this room reminds me of the sea side." without any obvious symbols jumping out at you.  Here are a few nautical interiors I think got it right.

source
source
source
source
This is really similar to the look of my room, very calm with cool neutrals.  Source
source

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?