Friday, January 14, 2011

Custom Design Work: Meg's Pink Champagne Wedding


I've just recently completed a special wedding project which I've been working on for the past couple months.    Local bride, Meg, came to me shortly after ordering her wedding dress directly from Jenny Yoo's flagship showroom in Chicago.  The lucky bride was even measured by Jenny herself, and was able to order a very special colored silk shantung, not normally available to customers!  The silk is a delicate pink champagne which compliments her skin tone beautifully!   Having ordered extra yardage from Jenny, Meg came to me to request a custom bolero, based on my East Lake design.  For a perfect fit, we did a muslin drape directly on her to create the pattern.  As the project commenced she also decided to do a custom veil design and an extra matching silk flower pin.   This project was an absolute joy to work on!  Below are some photos of the process and bits of the finished work.  Meg has promised to send me pictures from her wedding so hopefully I can post some of her in the whole ensemble in the next couple weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?