Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Classic Brides


When I think of the "classic bride"  the first woman to come to mind is Grace Kelly.  Her story is so romantic but more than that, even over 50 years after her wedding he wedding portrait retains the beauty and style she was famous for.  Her wedding gown is still imitated by many brides; in fact Vogue makes an almost identical sewing pattern to match it. (On a side note, I predict sleeves to make a comeback in the following years.)  It got me thinking about other classic Hollywood brides so I thought I post some pictures of my some of my favorite silver scree ladies on their wedding days.  What really strikes me is that their wedding dresses, though all different, would look just as stylish if they were worn today as they did back then. 

Marilyn Monroe

Elizabeth Taylor

Audrey Hepburn

Ginger Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?